[OM] Re: Quantum Turbo alternative, was: Re: Best Flash for the E-series

Subject: [OM] Re: Quantum Turbo alternative, was: Re: Best Flash for the E-series
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:14:46 -0400
ScottGee1 wrote:

> You're correct that they don't specifically claim compatibility with
> the Q-Flashes but they do use the Q cord standard so one would think .

That's not what I said.  I didn't mention the Q-flash in this context.
What I said was: "SP Systems does not advertise this pack as compatible
with any Quantum battrey."

As far as I know BKA as distributor for SP Systems doesn't claim any
kind of compatibility with any Quantum product so you'd have a hard time
getting them to make a disclaimer on a claim they haven't made.
However, the fact that BKA don't make such a claim I think is simply the
fact that they don't understand the products that they sell.  Before I
bought my own unit I talked to a salesperson at BKA specifically about
Quantum compatibility.  He didn't even know what a Quantum battery is
let alone if his own product was compatible with it.  If I were SP
Systems I'd be looking for a different distributor.

B&H, on the other hand, says this in their own ad for the power pack:
"The power pack also works with any other manufacturer's flash that is
compatible with the Quantum Turbo battery."

Good luck with yours,
Chuck Norcutt