[OM] Re: Monaco Optix XR

Subject: [OM] Re: Monaco Optix XR
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 23:00:01 +0100
Piers, thanks for your detailed reply.

>To answer your drect question this way - the inbuilt HP driver optimisation
>provides nice-looking prints, no doubt.  But there is no way to describe the
>results as reproducible across different printers/different papers/different
>inksets.  ICC profiles make that possible, equally no doubt.  If you aleady
>have the XR, what is stopping you?

Well, for one, I don't have the MonacoEZColor software, only the MONACOoptix
software for screen calibration. Second, I don't have a flatbed scanner (I'm
considering getting one), only a Nikon slide scanner. And third, I was
wondering whether I would get better profiles for my printer than the EPSON
"standard" profiles which already give me rather good consistency between my
calibrated screen and the print - at least with the 2 papers I use most. But as
you mention, it's difficult to judge this accurately; and it could be better.

So... food for thought!

Bernard