[OM] Re: Picture Window Pro X for $29.95

Subject: [OM] Re: Picture Window Pro X for $29.95
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 20:58:04 +1100
Calling it 'X' makes it go faster of course. Renaming is the cheapest
bit of re-engineering that you can do and one of the most effective.
You'll note the same effect with cars (i.e. WRX = World Rally what?).
If they put stripes on the box as well and use metallic inks, it'll
go even faster. Didn't Canon put out a Rebel X in the states? - I'll
bet that was a real screamer.
The X factor is a mysterious thing - Apple was really relieved when
they could move to OSX and just pretend that it means ten. They knew
that it would really chew electrons, just because of the name. You
aren't expecting XI to show up any time soon now are you? If they
have to, it'll be slow and full of bugs.
Why is X so xciting? Why is red dangerous or blue cool? Who knows -
it just works OK?!
Bog standard and cheap - no thanks, I'll take the pricey, sexy go-
faster Pro-X version please.
AndrewF