[OM] Re: I've got an E-1 among others

Subject: [OM] Re: I've got an E-1 among others
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:03:46 -0700
> Indeed - playing with a lot of Digicams at present and some are quite
> good, but not that good.

  One photographic advantage of smaller-sensor cameras is macro work --
the extra DOF you get because of the smaller sensor and associated
optical changes is very useful.

  I've taken shots with my Coolpix 4500 that I'm fairly sure I simply
could not take with a (D)SLR, even with bellows and such -- and I've
definitely taken shots that I wouldn't have taken because I don't carry
bellows around with me.

  There's also ergonomic advantages to a split body for composition, and
practical advantages to a physically small body and lens that'll let me
get in closer to the subject than I could with a larger DSLR lens which
would be more likely to bonk against things because there's more
glass/plastic/metal there.

  -- dan