[OM] Re: fine grain B/W film (was: [OM][OT] Re: Leica version of LC-1)

Subject: [OM] Re: fine grain B/W film (was: [OM][OT] Re: Leica version of LC-1)
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:28:18 -0800
You may have looked at these already, but I've had excellent results
with the chromogenic films Ilford XP2 and Kodak 400CN with my
collapsible Summicron 50/2. While both are 400 speed, they can be
shot at a pretty wide range of ASA's. These films, in combination
with the slightly lower contrast of older lenses, lend themselves to
scanning and tweaking in PS. (As noted by one of our esteemed list
members in his review of the RD-1...Sean?)

Here are a couple:
<http://oz.net/~robhar/November_05/source/image/0509-mp-r1-19a.jpg>
<http://oz.net/~robhar/November_05/source/image/0509-mp-r1-36a.jpg>

And, OM content, my sky TOPE was shot on XP2.
<http://oz.net/~robhar/November_05/source/image/0502-om1-r1-29.jpg>

Nice thing is you can just take it to the lab, the process is C-41.

-Rob in Seattle