[OM] Re: HS Soccer w/ E-1 & 180mm f2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: HS Soccer w/ E-1 & 180mm f2.8
From: "Fabio Fiorellato" <flowerside@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:59:51 +0100
The 180mm f/2.8 rather simple schema (obviously non-APO) is supposed to have
many nice optical features but one big drawback: the bad CA control, and
this will show up in the entire frame, not only in the corners.

In my sample the CA shows clearly, even in small (10x15 cm) prints: that is,
it is definitely perceivable...

C.H. Ling showed that closing the diaphragm to f/8 (if I recall correctly)
greatly reduces the problem. So, if you shot at f/4, either your 180mm f/2.8
is not a 180mm f/2.8 :) or it benefits from having a digital sensor at its
back end (in which ways, I do ignore).

Regards and thanks for the info!

Fabio