[OM] Help with FL-50

Subject: [OM] Help with FL-50
From: Untitled <oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:03:41 -0600

Hi.

Several questions regarding the FL-50 flash.

I am borrowing a friends FL-50 right now. Although I havent used it much -
which is good cuz that means I probably wont spend that much $$ on a flash. The
couple of times that I did use it - I wasnt very happy with the results. The
photo's were a little dark. I used the flash in TTL mode and figured it would
be automatic. Events that require flash are tough sometimes because you have to
shoot quickly or lose the shot. Not enough time to fiddle around with the flash
settings.

A couple of photo that I took were nice and bright w/o post processing. The
rest of them I had to post process in the Olympus software to "instant fix" and
"auto tone" them...which made them brighter. A couple of photos were very
grainy after post-processing.

I am not a very good flash photographer - I already know that. .

The zoom on the flash only goes up to 42mm. If I am using a 14 - 54 lens and
shoot at 54 - will the flash output to cover that?

Here is a sample of one photo that I took last night....this came out good
without major post-processing:

http://flickr.com/photos/12378900@N00/126732105/in/set-72057594104138449/

Here is another that I took for a school event - this one required
post-processing and the faces are little orangy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/universalschoolbuf/118178809/in/set-72057594091010578/

Your assistance is appreciated.

- Ali