[OM] Re: Why the OM-2S is my favorite

Subject: [OM] Re: Why the OM-2S is my favorite
From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:41:57 -0700
Bill Pearce wrote:
>> I know one engineer who didn't even drive...and sometimes someone needed
>> to tell him that the left foot goes into the left shoe and both shoes must
>> match....real eccentric but brilliant in engineering.

> As the son of an engineer, in a town full of them, and  having worked with
> them a lot, I think that most are that way, except those that are
> flamboyantly not.
>
> Bill Pearce

I'm reminded, however dimly, of an old joke about a mom and her son. The son
was being tested very early in life, since he was the personification of
precocious.

After a bit of dialog, the tester related how all the tests came out, and she
could be very, very proud as a parent of such a brilliant child!

Excited, she asked what sort of profession he might strive for.

The tester said, in reverent tones, "An engineer!"

Whereupon the mother screamed and raged, "Please God, NO! NOT an ENGINEEER!"

One assumes she was married to one such, and as yet another of the breed, we
fellow engineers all got a HUGE kick out of the tale!

    I guess you had to be there?

Somewhere in my collection of 'fun stuff' I have the original sound clip...
Even today it brings me to tears!  <g>

keith whaley