[OM] Re: Lenses required

Subject: [OM] Re: Lenses required
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 06:23:18 -0800 (PST)
Phil wrote:
> I am looking for the following a 24/2.8 35/2.8 and 80 or 100
> 2.8's if anyone can help much appreciated

Ok, can it be any more obvious who he's been talking to?  Oh, to
totally match up with my kit, you'd need to get the 200/4, but
your E-500 kit lenses pretty much take you out there and give
you AF.

IF your budget so allows, I'd also be looking at the F2 lenses.
They're a bit larger, but that one-stop brightness sure makes
focusing that much easier.  I started to really fall in love
with Joel's 100/2, so had to go into reject mode lest I part
with $600 I didn't have.

As to sharpness difference between the F2 and the F2.8 versions,
the F2 is usually slightly sharper up to F4.5, but beyond that
they're pretty similar. Personally, I've never owned an F2 lens
and have found the still outstanding F2.8 versions to be the
best all-around lenses for me.

For your application, the manual-stop-down metering really won't
be that big of a deal because you'll be in manual exposure mode
most of the time anyway. (flash lighting).  Also for your
specific use, you'll be keeping the lenses on the bright-side of
stop-down, meaning that you rarely will go beyond F5.6.  Studio
lighting will be bright enough to focus with most of the time
and when not, you just crank the aperture ring wide open, focus,
crank it back.  You'll learn to count clicks right away.

AG

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs.
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited