[OM] Parcelforce is The Company from Hell... Are there any alternatives?

Subject: [OM] Parcelforce is The Company from Hell... Are there any alternatives?
From: "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 13:11:13 +0000
Hi All,

Parcelforce is one of the worst companies that I know.
They charge excessive and unjustifiable clearance fees on top of
custom charges; they treat customers like idiots -by continuous
patronising and arbitrary abuse of their powers; they are well known
for missing parcels, delivering to nearby flats and addresses, even
leaving things on the road, etc.

I have a personal experience of all this above.
People in UK, I have a question: Why do we tolerate all this?
Actually, a second question too: Is there an alternative, and how can
we avoid or protect ourselves from this company form hell ??...

Christos