[OM] Re: Approaching demise of P&S?

Subject: [OM] Re: Approaching demise of P&S?
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:24:07 -0600

> Now that the top end of P&S is gone, can the low end be far behind?

A friend made this prediction when he read of a proposed 5MP camera phone at
least a year ago. I think he may be at least in part right.

Someone will need to make a P&S for those that don't want to use a camera
phone, but those customers are dying off. I think anyone in their thirties
or less will be more than happy with the phone.

I am continually amazed with the willingness of people to shoot digital, and
show the results to friends on the screen on the back of their camera. Of
all the people that I know that have digital that are not interested in
photography as a hobby, I don't think that more than a dozen total prints
have been made.

But then, I can't imagine watching a movie on a 2x2 screen, either.

Bill Pearce