[OM] Re: Signs of Spring in UK

Subject: [OM] Re: Signs of Spring in UK
From: tim.randles@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:54:12 -0700 (PDT)
yep, it is spring here too..
I'd post a pic of the place.., but I am travelling and have gear packed, and no
usb port on this public computer,I'll get a few posted when I get home..

 today is the first plane day since thursday.. 6000lb of food came in to camp
this morning..we were out of eggs and bananas....

We have had white out conditions for the last 4 days, this only happens in the
spring..

-25C ( balmy) to -42C with 20-50km winds.. it has been kinda cold the last
month here..bare skin freezes in 30 seconds.... I fly home today for 2 weeks
off.. I've been here a month now..I really need a hot tub and a bottle of
scotch..somehow my wife doesnt understand that living in a tent in the arctic
for a month at a time warrants  an immediate 10 oz of scotch upon arrival at
civilization...I survived another shift rotation with all my limbs
intact..although somewhat more looney...

Cheers.. Tim

>And we're supposed to hit 82 here today. I just went out and cleaned the
>leaves off the top of the AC >compressor, just in case it suits me to turn it
>on.

Daffs here are about done. I took some shots with the Leica, but the film's not
back yet.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>

> le wilcox de joel a écrit
> > MIght hit 80 here today in New France.  Daffs can't be far off, but
> > I've been chasing those banks of snow on the north slopes of hills
> > before they are completely melted.  I don't expect to see much left
> > when I go out later today.
>
> It's pretty mushy out around here in the central part of New France.
> The only piles left were put there by plows or the wind.  However,
> the damage from the ice storm is now more visible than ever.  It was
> really nasty around here.  My big silver-maple (is there any other
> color?) lost about 1/3 of it's mass.  That should help with the
> raking next fall.  It's anything but attractive right now with mud
> mixed with branches and other detrius.  Everybody has been piling up
> the branches at the curbs for the city to pickup.  In some
> neighborhoods you can barely see the houses because the branches are
> piled up so high.  Most yards generated as much as a dump-truck load.
>  Ugh.  Of course, half of those branched came down onto the utility
> lines causing wide-spread blackouts, loss of telephone service and
> horrors of all horrors--no cable TV!

--snip--
List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx