[OM] Re: [OT]Canon Keeps Moving

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT]Canon Keeps Moving
From: Richard <richard-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:36:42 -0700
At 01:09 PM 4/23/2007, AG Schnozz wrote:

> > Most of the images are in an arena with terrible mixed lighting. I
> > would not expect stellar skin tones. The one shot portrait of the
> > young boy with off camera flash looks pretty good to me.
>
>Although I agree with you about the arena shots in theory, since this
>is a prime market for the camera, wouldn't you think that how this
>camera captures skintones in this ugly lighting is important?
>
>My issue is with the lack of "pink" in the skin.  It just doesn't
>exist in these shots.  Granted, they might be Canadians, which would
>definitely explain the exhaust/closed-garage aspect, but still, they
>don't look they have freezer burn.
>
>These images remind me of Kodak Ektar 1000.

I have never been a fan of Canon digital color. Whatever they are doing to
their sensor's data, I don't know.... I have an Epson R-D1 and I found I
like the color rendition much better than the Canon when my friend shoot
the same scene as I do. Still nothing beats Astia for good skin tones and
Provia for reasonable yet punchy. Velviaeeta scares me.

use richard at imagecraft.com)