[OM] Re: Care of the 65-200 f/4, was: Buying a Tamron 80-200 f2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: Care of the 65-200 f/4, was: Buying a Tamron 80-200 f2.8
From: nsurit@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 11:34:02 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: olymoose@xxxxxxxxx
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 20 May 2007 3:42 PM

In the time I've been on the list, I recall one member (Bill B.? Walt?
??) reporting his copy to be haze free early on, then later reporting
that the haze had developed while he wasn't paying attention. So it may
not be a question of whether a given lens will develop the haze, but
when - or not.

It ia a little like termites on the Gulf Coast.  Your house either has them or
is going to get them.
Yes, it was my pristine 65-200mm that went bad on me.  It is the 2nd lens in (I
think) that causes the problem. Still have it if anyone is interested in
getting one cleaned.
Bill Barber

List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx