[OM] Re: E-1 bits & parts advice

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 bits & parts advice
From: Philippe Dambournet <zuikomane@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 01:00:23 -0600
Yes, Piers, that's the posting I looked at. I was quite amazed, and
when around the 4GB MD seemed reliable enough in addition to its
attractive price. Clever bit about protecting the mechanism against
pinching.

Glad to hear about the cables. I'll spring for good quality non-OEM.
And I found a clean manual at KEH :-)

Thanks for the filter tip. Anything good enough not to degrade the
performance of the 14-54 is perfect. I wonder how some vendors come
by their discounted merchandise...

Kaesemann? Woah -- way too good for me! Just clean and reasonably
dust-resistant is great, without noticeable loss of optical
performance. Actually a measure of dust and moisture resistance would
be great for the UV filter. I'm delighted that both the E-1 and the
zoom minimize intrusion from whatever is wafting around (here in
Austin there is always something in the air, and I would include
indoor air).

Phil