[OM] Re: E-1 bits & parts advice

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 bits & parts advice
From: Philippe Dambournet <zuikomane@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 22:01:38 -0600
It's pretty frustrating -- I can find no reliable source that
actually describes all the items in the standard E-1 package with
clear specs or model identifiers.

The 'video cable' that used to ship with the E-1 is a case in point:
it cannot be identified, nor can a good substitute. All one can find
is a drawing or two suggesting what kinds of connectors it has and
the presence of a ferrite ring. Even with the manual in hand, there
is no actual description to be found, there is no model number, and
there are no specs. What is sold here and there, including by
Olympus, just cannot be be tagged reliably as being compatible or not
with the E-1 as such. Manufacturer 'support' information is
nonexistent, just a link to an online catalog that is full of holes.
Oly's own compatibility chart is also full of holes.

Compare that mess with Canon's own support. It took three minutes
from start to finish to identify the video cable that comes with our
little PowerShot A75:

<http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?
act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=SupportDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=221&modelid=9828
#BoxContentsAct>

Answer: AV Cable AVC-DC300.

Phil