[OM] Re: OT Gossen lightmeters

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Gossen lightmeters
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 09:06:57 -0000
You are correct about the naming, Chris, but not entirely correct about the
mercury cell problem.  Original Lunasix/Lunapro did indeed require 2x625
cells, but later versions did not, they used the 9v 6F22 battery.  I have a
Luna-Pro F in my hands here with the 9v battery.

Nevertheless, I would go for the flashmeter, which means the Multisix - for
GBP40 I would say it's a steal.  MrCad in Croydon is listing one for GBP125.

To my mind, Gossen meters are bullet-proof.  My Polysix lasted thirty years,
and is still usable, although with only one of the two LEDs in operation
now.

John, if you really prefer analogue metering, but still want flash metering,
let me know, I reckon we could "come to an arrangement".

--
Piers