[OM] Re: focus confirmation chip

Subject: [OM] Re: focus confirmation chip
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:59:51 -0800

> "When the adaptor fits, the focus confirmation works, but with many lenses
> the chip takes up too much space.
I should have been more specific. I'd like to use longer focal lengths
where the 4/3 crop is really an advantage. 85~250, 180/2.8, 300/4.5, and
Tamron 300/2.8 perhaps with a 1.4x. The chip appears to be super-glued
onto the adapter and looks mighty fragile. A dedicated one for each lens
is too rich for me. Another lens where IS and focus confirm would be
nice is the 135/4.5 macro but can't see that working. I did try out the
300/4.5 handheld with the new firmware and was rather pleased with the
result. Maybe well braced it would do as a last resort.

Mike