[OM] Re: Bounce Grip and the T32

Subject: [OM] Re: Bounce Grip and the T32
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:37:12 -0500
 Who says that "we all" suffered from the F2 ailment?  Although, that 90/2
was pretty sweet.  I'll take mine smaller and lighter, thank you.  I can
carry more F2.8 lenses than you can carry F2 lenses.  (for that matter, my
200/4 is smaller than my 14-54).

As I was 'splain'n to khen today, I do have SERIOUS drool syndrome when even
thinking about the 350/2.8.

Short of getting the T45, which has that minor issue with battery packs,
maybe I should just go and get that Vivitar 5600.  After all, I still have
the OM-module from my fried 5200 that will mount on it.

The beauty of the OM rathole, is with few exceptions (F2 glass and OM-3Ti
bodies as an example), the system was always relatively inexpensive AND you
could always flip something without losing money.  It's much harder to buy
anything digital and be able to resell it for what you paid.  Even my
bargain-basement priced E-1 kit has lost serious money.  Not to mention the
A1.

Meanwhile, the NEW Portra films have pretty much leveled the playing field
between film and digital for certain types of work and my Coolscan V-ED is
perfectly happy crunching the images into the digital domain.

Ok, ok.  Now for the truth to come out...

I have a wedding shoot this fall where the bride(zilla) has
specifically vocalized her desire for film!!!  It seems that in our mad rush
for digital, WE PHOTOGRAPHERS are fully convinced that digital is better,
but the clients are saying "not so fast, bub."

However,

There are three categories of Wedding Photographers:

1. Digital Only (film s*cks)
2. Film Forever (digital s*cks)
3. (AC/DC) Both formats are great and can maximize both.

The Digital Only crowd is pretty borish with their rants about how aweful
the film days were.

The Film Forever croud is typically a bit "stuck in the past" and typically
these days is some braindead has-been of a photographer with ancient
equipment held together with duct tape.

The AC/DC crowd (no I'm not referring to s*xual preferences) is usually a
bit more studied than 1 and 2.  I like to offer the advantages of both
formats.

AG