Re: [OM] OT - How I spent my time yesterday.

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - How I spent my time yesterday.
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 20:45:40 -0500
At 07:41 PM 11/14/2008, Moose wrote:

>We watch everything time shifted. So the true, instant 30 second skip
>and 10 second skip back buttons mean even less time spent skipping
>commercials than before. From my research, none of the DirectTV or cable
>DVRs do that

The DirectTV DVRs also have those features except the back function
is 6 seconds instead of 10.

I hope for your sanity that the Dish third generation HD DVR is an
improvement over the first two.  I finally changed to DirectTV back
in the summer because the Dish receivers that I had were so flaky -
four total failures of the HD DVRs in 3 1/2 years in addition to
several hot (sometimes cold) reboots required weekly.  The fifth
receiver was on the verge of failing before I made the switch.  Also,
my standard (non HD) Dish DVR failed once in 3 1/2 years.

As far as features go the Dish and DirectTV HD DVRs are very similar
but the Dish offers a couple of things that I wish was included on
the DirectTV units.

Later,
Johnny