Re: [OM] Latest Combination

Subject: Re: [OM] Latest Combination
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:12:38 +0100
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:52:59 -0600, Ken Norton wrote:
>What surprised me through this experience was the extremely offensive odor
>of these fields on the move.  There was a lot of fertilizer in those fields.

Or deer crap!

Thanks for your story, Ken. (Un?)fortunately you cannot tell from your
picture that the soil has been polluted with so many chemicals...

Here in Holland (where your "different cultural group" originates
from...) most farmers are also using way too many chemical
fertilizers. But biological farming is gaining area - albeit very very
slowly. And I think that European law is less tolerant than US
regulations, which helps a bit, of course.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.