Re: [OM] Sign of Spring

Subject: Re: [OM] Sign of Spring
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:38:25 -0700
Richard Lovison wrote:
> I think it is quite nice. I like the overall composition, the detail in the
> flowers and the contrast provided by the white flowers and the dark green and
> brown colors of the leaves.

I agree. I think the background/setting helps 'make' the image.

> It probably got a cool reception as flower shots are so prevalent and people
> bore easily... especially nowadays.

Yeah. I took flower shots when I was a kid, and I take them today. Many
are probably interchangeable. Yet I continue to do it - and to get
satisfaction from it. I've come to the conclusion that it's something
about the process that simply pleases me, and is worthwhile for that
alone. I see a pretty flower, take its picture, often spend time
processing it, look at the result, and am happy.

I would like it if others enjoyed them too, but I realize that's not the
most important thing. And as you say, it seems many folks aren't moved
by the images when posted. Seems only fair. Lots of listees seem to like
images of aeroplanes, trains, cars, motorcycles, etc. Mostly those
images just don't move me. I'm fairly often interested in technical
qualities of the images, but seldom the subjects.

So I only post flower images occasionally. And appreciate it when Carol
likes them here at home.

Moose