Re: [OM] EPSON Stylus Photo R1900 on sale

Subject: Re: [OM] EPSON Stylus Photo R1900 on sale
From: James R <londonjames@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:02:39 +0000
I've had the R1800 for something like a year (bought just before the
R1900 was announced). I'm very happy with it - I reckon this kind of
price is where the rate of increase in quality starts to drop against
each extra $$ spent. I doubt that I would really notice enough of a
difference to warrant a printer double the price. I mostly print
around A4 size images on A3 paper, plus general letters, invoices,
etc, and ink usage doesn't seem excessive. If I ever need the
occasional bigger print I can pay to get that done elsewhere, but it
hasn't happened yet.

One major plus for me is that I just use the Epson Premium Glossy
having followed the instructions on setting up colour correctly from
this site

http://www.gballard.net/nca.html

and from the first print I've been getting great looking results with
the same colours as my (profiled) monitor with zero messing around.
For me that simplicity and time saving is worth a huge amount. Of
course I've wasted a few sheets from making daft mistakes, but none
faffing around because the colour balance is off in some way. That's
probably true nowadays for other brands of printers, but maybe not?

James