[OM] [LIST-MUM] No gun-talk, PLEASE Re: Trip to the US?

Subject: [OM] [LIST-MUM] No gun-talk, PLEASE Re: Trip to the US?
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 05:49:49 +0200
On 4Apr , 2009, at 02:21 , someone wrote:

> Safe ................................?????????
>
> Better avoid Binghamton in up state New York !!!
>
> Until the US repeals the utterly idiotic 2nd amendment right to
> bear arms
> the country will continue to be a is centre of violence and mayhem.

I'm not siding with anyone on this matter, however the issue of
firearms has long been known as a contentious subject, and which in
the past has lead to some falling out on the list. I conclude two
things:

        o       there are different opinions on the matter, and that's OK
        o       reconciling and even discussing those is  entirely off-topic
for
this list

So let's try to stay clear of this particular topic, shall we?

Thanks,

The List Mum.