Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 14:47:10 -0500
Moose,

Perhaps I'm just naturally a maverick. When I bought my Fuji F10, I was
using Elements 5.0, so I loaded the Fuji software on my computer, and
downloaded images per Fuji's instructions.  However, when I bought my Oly
E-510, I upgraded to Elements 6.0 to take advantage of the RAW converter
that was then a part of 6.0.  What I also got in the package was Adobe
Elements 6.0 Photo Downloader.  Because of that software, I never installed
the Oly software on my computer.  The Adobe Downloader allows me to use a
USB 2 to camera cable to download images from either camera, and, if
requested, it will remove the images from the camera memory card.  I suspect
it does nothing except erase the file names, but this is the accepted
procedure on all PCs and I find no argument with it for camera cards.

I may suffer someday, but, for now, it sure makes life simple. I do not even
own a card reader, so any time that a card format is required, it will be
done in-camera.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA