Re: [OM] picture link

Subject: Re: [OM] picture link
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:45:55 -0500

> I'm not convinced that's CA we're seeing in that picture. I actually think
> it might be a bad paint job. First, at least on my laptop, the fringing
> looks red and not the expected purple. I also see it in horizontal and
> vertical edges, but I would expect it to be different colors in that
> situation but instead it's the same red. Finally, I think I can see red even
> on the flat white surfaces, like it needs another coat of white over the
> red.

CA is not the same as "Purple Fringing". Two seperate issues. This one looks
more like CA, but I suspect that it is still in-camera processing related
because it's a hard Red/Cyan artifact.  Red on one side of a dark-light
transition and cyan on the light-dark transition   Seeing that it is
bidirectional, I'm leaning towards sensor-processing and not lens optics.
But, yet, it could be lens optics.

AG