Re: [OM] V700 scanning was - Digital landscapes - example

Subject: Re: [OM] V700 scanning was - Digital landscapes - example
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 07:02:09 -0400
I have a V700 on WinXP.  I have used VueScan to scan multiple negatives
in the film strip holder.  Unfortunately, I've only done it once so far
and can't give you detailed instructions.  I'm also not at home where I
can try things out but think I can point you the way to get started.

First, download the VueScan user's manual in PDF form so you can readily
search the entire document. <http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/vuescan.pdf>

Next, search under the "input tab" for "batch scan".  Setting batch scan
  is important for getting more than one image on each pass.  Next,
search under the "crop tab" for "Multi Crop".  Multi crop is used for
flat bed scanners using a film holder that arranges the film frames in a
grid.  I believe that this is where I went wrong on my one use of
VueScan on the V700.  I think if I had done this properly the grid
arrangement for the V700 would have been retrieved... which also means
that VueScan needs to know whether it's working on slides or negatives
since the film holder layout is different for each.

Anyhow, either the V700 layout isn't known to VueScan or else I did it
wrong since I ended up manually setting up the scan area layout.  I
suspect I didn't set "multi crop".  I hope to do better next time.

Hope this helps at least a little.

Chuck Norcutt