Re: [OM] No E-System pro camera until 2010 ;(

Subject: Re: [OM] No E-System pro camera until 2010 ;(
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:37:33 -0500

> I am still waiting for ZD 25 1.4 since the first day I bought my E-1.

Yes, the critical omission in the line is a decent F1.4 lens...

I miss KODAK color in E-cameras. E-3 color was good but FUJI isn´t KODAK
> ;))))) I presume FUJI was the one who calibrated E-3 sensor color. Color
> rendition looks like Fuji´s touch.

Now this is an interesting comment.  What I have found is that the E-1 is
almost a perfect match to Fuji 160S.  Go figure. That may be my scanning
methodology that gives me that, however.

I also miss multi spot metering. Where is the unbeatable OM4 light metering
> system?

There are reasons why I am so supportive of using the OM system.  For those
times where the light meter actually makes a difference, I'm not doing mass
shooting anyway.  So one-off imagery on slide film or B&W film is just fine.

> I also miss 90 or 100 f2 ZD lenses.

I'll take your word for it.  I continue to avoid certain lenses.

> The other day I was having a look to M9 Leica camera and I really liked it
> ;))) It´s expensive but it has superb lenses, FF KODAK sensor...

I believe the M9 is significant because it represents the maturity of the
technology.  Finally, we are able to buy a camera and know that it is as
complete as we can imagine ever needing it to be.  Upgrade fever is
unnecessary.

AG