Re: [OM] E-P1 hands-on report - AG Schnozz Style

Subject: Re: [OM] E-P1 hands-on report - AG Schnozz Style
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:09:17 +0100
Hi Ken, C.H. and all,

From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>The 25/1.4 is one expensive hunk of glass, but for good reason. It is
simply
>amazing and when push comes to shove it offers a two stop advantage over
>anything else (F2.8 vs F1.4).  That two stops buys a lot of high-ISO noise
>advantage. And then there is that little thing of bokeh and DoF...

This is an interesting lens. It even has a 'classic' aperture setting ring!
But, strangely, I'm not a fan of the 50mm-equiv. FOV.

>Technology keeps marching on and we have this tendency to immediately dis
>the old cameras.  But I ask the question:  If it was good enough then, why
>is it not good enough now?  After all, not all progress is progress.

You're right...

From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Olympus claimed they improve the corner performance by reducing the angle
of
>incidence to the sensor (or even try to make it parallel), a parallel beam
>require rear element as larger as the sensor diameter but we didn't see
>that.

Just curious... which is the rear diameter of typical Four-Thirds lenses?

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)