Re: [OM] Oh dear, I did it.

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh dear, I did it.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:41:58 -0800
Ken Norton wrote:
> The G10/G11 have one major weakness and that's the distortion of the lens.
> This is true with every zoom, but it forces you to correct the bulge for any
> and every shot that has a straight line in it. This is THE reason to use
> high-quality primes, but that's for another discussion.

That's the price of admission. Everyone has to make their own evaluation
of trade-offs. I could put primes on a µ4/3 body, but then I wouldn't
have what I want in other ways. If I can't carry it in a largish pocket
or a belt pouch, it's simply not the solution to the problem posed. The
P&S style zoom that collapses completely into the body is the only
current solution for me.

Believe me, I've gone around and around on this, with each new µ4/3
body. I get all excited, then look at images with lens attached and am
deflated again.

PTLens has a batch processing capacity, which will read the EXIF and act
accordingly, even through a batch from different cameras and/or lenses.
It really does an excellent job.

Moose