Re: [OM] Sharing my film developing times

Subject: Re: [OM] Sharing my film developing times
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 08:58:10 +0200
Hi Chris, Fernando and all,

From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>I've tried and continue to use some unusual
>combinations such as Tmax Developer diluted 1+7 instead of the standard 1+4

It's always interesting to experiment in B&W. Dilution is an often
overlooked parameter that may give surprising results.

><http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com/technical/developing.php>

Many thanks for sharing! Although at web size, and so many variables in
between, I don't think the sample pictures are representative of the results
-- the ideal excuse for experimenting by our own ;-)

From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile
>As long as film continues to be manufactured,
>more sooner than later I will come back to shoot B&W.

NO!!! Buy film RIGHT NOW and shoot it NOW, if you want film to continue
being manufactured! :-)

Seriously, I'm trying some alternative films from makers like MACO and EFKE,
sometimes under the Rollei brand... Some seem to be rebranded/reformulated
classic emulsions from Agfa and Adox, and some are made by Agfa in Belgium,
but I'm getting interesting results anyway. I love the SuperPan 200, and
there's even a substitute for Techical Pan!

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)