Re: [OM] Dude - Who stole my 0.56ms?

Subject: Re: [OM] Dude - Who stole my 0.56ms?
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 18:17:22 -0500
Moose,

The thing that confounds me, with macro lenses, and I should have expected
this from the start, is that as one moves in closer to the subject, the DOF
decreases to a ridiculous point.  My Leica Elmarit-R 60/2.8 Macro lens
requires stopping down to a minimum opening in order to get the full subject
in focus.  I'm sure this is fine for flat subjects, but just doesn't work
out for me, particularly with flowers.

And I don't even have the 1:1 attachment for the lens.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA