Re: [OM] Can I switch to digital?

Subject: Re: [OM] Can I switch to digital?
From: Tom Fenwick <super.wide@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 11:14:39 +0100
Sorry to say this (again), on the Oly list, but the old 5D, with a manual
focus screen, any of a range of real manual focus lenses from Cosina and
Zeiss, only has to be set up once to work the way you want.  After that it's
your camera.  OK, you will have to set aperture and shutter speed with
wheels, but it will work the way you want, until you choose to go back into
those menus to change something other than ISO, white balance, drive,
exposure measuring or compensation.  I just sold mine to my Dad, a long time
OM user, for £500.  He is delighted and hasn't put it down.

Tom

PS as for the many Oly digital offerings, they can do many things, and they
impress me in many ways, but if you want what I do, and what Simon seems to
be describing below, then you need to try a 5D.  I fought it for four years
before I eventually did it myself.