Re: [OM] Can I switch to digital?

Subject: Re: [OM] Can I switch to digital?
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 09:12:20 -0500
Simon,

You have received a lot of suggestions, all of which will work.  If you
consider Leica, the only options are the M9, which is quite expensive, or a
used M8.  You would give up the ability to use your Oly glass.

I faced the same question myself, and have found that the Oly E-1, with
adaptors and Leica-R lenses, works great for me.  Focusing is fine with
lenses of 50mm or longer, but is more difficult with shorter lenses.  Of
course, the E-1, like all 4/3 format cameras, gives you a field of view
similar to a focal length of twice the designed FL of the lens, so shorter
lenses are desirable.  It would work fine with your Oly glass.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA