Re: [OM] iPhone et al

Subject: Re: [OM] iPhone et al
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 10:15:32 +1100
The desktop works in a different way to the Win desktop. It has a presence
almost outside the hard drives - although obviously it's on your boot drive.
You don't set up short cuts to images on the desktop - stuff goes there or by
default into your user folders (documents, pictures). If another user logs in,
they aren't visible of course.  It does mean that if you leave originals on the
desktop in folders, as I tend to do, then if you change your boot drive they
disappear and are a bugger to find as they aren't in the hard drive folders.
It's one of those Unix thingies I think.
Generally things are easier to find than on a Win machine but you do need to do
housekeeping.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx