Re: [OM] Economics

Subject: Re: [OM] Economics
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 12:59:02 -0800
> From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> We need to improve our education system, but removing the Government from it
> might have a beneficial effect . . .

I think government-supported education is sorta like democracy -- the worst
possible system, except for all the others out there!

Don't get me started on how charter schools are sucking the life out of the
public schools, while breaking the backs of teacher's unions. And damn fool
people still hold bake sales to support them, while their CEOs earn ten times
as much as school principals!

(I realize that for-profit charter schools are very different from the Catholic
school Chris mentioned. But it's a slippery slope when people start agitating
for public funding for private schools, be they non-profit or not.)