Re: [OM] 50 Macros

Subject: Re: [OM] 50 Macros
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 11:07:41 -0600
> My take  is the 50/3.5 is a serious bargain.

Agreed! Not too long ago I sold mine to fund the PanaLeica purchase.
Although I feel as though I did get the better end of the deal, not
having the 50/3.5 is somewhat a shock to the system. It is simply a
fabulous lens and easily the best $75 lens out there.

George brings up a good point. When we bought this stuff new, all
those years ago with very hard-earned dollars, it was special. Now
that it's bargain-priced and we have more money, we discount just how
significant these lenses (and camera systems) are.

But I do try to keep the OM flame burning as much as I can. Promoting
the system every chance I get and trying to put film-vs-digital into a
perspective which some people can understand and appreciate.

AG