[OM] HDR? [continues: IMG: Yin-Yang Love]

Subject: [OM] HDR? [continues: IMG: Yin-Yang Love]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 20:36:05 -0700
Thanks to all who commented, even those who have something against mollusks.
:-) These were in a State Park bog
preserve, so no domestic plants were at risk.

I was thrilled to get such a perfect shot. Carol had gone ahead of the slow
photog (me). When I caught up and called her
back, she was thrilled too, and thanked me for showing her.

There were some great extremes of light on this walk, including for these
subjects, on a dark cut tree end in deep shade
with bright sun behind. The close-up shot was easy, and I took bracketed shots
for the wider shots.

Never having done HDR other than by hand, I tried opening three RAW images in
PS's HDR tool. What a mess! It really did
a bad job. I've since read up on preparation before doing the HDR step. In any
case, hand work was the solution this time.

It's almost like this couple chose their trysting location for visual appeal,
with a beautiful display of moss crowning
their meeting.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Sonoma_Mendocino_Coast/Van_Damme_State_Park&image=_MG_3028_31_23cr2oof30m.jpg>

And here's the overall view, and a decent job of HDR, I think.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Sonoma_Mendocino_Coast/Van_Damme_State_Park&image=_MG_3029-31oof30.jpg>

For those who haven't had enough, here's one in fancy dress, and quite
handsome, IMO.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Sonoma_Mendocino_Coast/Van_Damme_State_Park&image=_MG_3015croof80.jpg>

Mollusks Are US Moose