Re: [OM] IMG: Fully Restored 1948 Stinson 108-3

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Fully Restored 1948 Stinson 108-3
From: Frank Wijsmuller <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 07:52:17 +0200
Hmm.. I wouldn't buy another Chrysler if you can't trust them more miles
(assuming you ment 106.000). My late 98 Volvo V70 with Vw-Audi diesel is at
425.000 km now, still going strong. And regular petrol engines of Volvo have
the longlivety image, so those...
Best, Frank. (Volvo for life ;-)
Op 1 okt. 2011 17:15 schreef "Chuck Norcutt" <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
het volgende:
> My Chrysler is a 1999 LHS. I bought it when it was a year old and had
> 3,000 miles on it. Very stiff suspension, handles very well and has
> extremely comfortable seats. It's a great over-the-road car and has an
> absolutely enormous trunk. Just what we need for long trips and going
> back and forth to Florida. But it's now got 106,00 miles on it.
> There's nothing wrong with it that I know of but I wouldn't trust it in
> that role any more. If I could buy a brand new one I would.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 9/30/2011 5:34 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
>> Thanks. My first Chrysler experience was driving a 1947 sedan, the year
>> before they went to low-pressure tires, which I think was 1948. I also
>> received my first and only traffic ticket in that car. It was a nice,
dark
>> maroon.
>>
>> Jim Nichols
>> Tullahoma, TN USA