Re: [OM] IMG: Fully Restored 1948 Stinson 108-3

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Fully Restored 1948 Stinson 108-3
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 09:46:50 -0500
Yup, it's more age than miles. But what we've found with our vehicles
is that most of those mechanical and gaskety bits that fail, usually
do between 80-120K. Then we're good again to about 160K when the cycle
starts all over again.

I'd actually feel more comfortable taking the daily driver (and
long-haul) car on a long trip than the one that usually just sees
short jaunts. The lesser-driven vehicles will cough up a hairball a
few days into the journey.

I'm putting about 500 miles a week on the Jeep. Going on a trip is
pretty much no different than the daily drive--except for the tonnage
of camping and camera gear.

AG