Re: [OM] IMG: Japanese red and yellow - haiku

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Japanese red and yellow - haiku
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 09:32:30 +1100
I know, I know - some of the stuff on the site is awful.
There was a really good HaikuPhoto site but I couldn't find it quickly.
But it does make the telling point that Haiku isn't quite what we round eyes
think it is.
That the Japanese ideograms and western syllables aren't quite equivalent.
So the line breaks we use are a western style and 10-14 syllables is more
appropriate than 17.

I think Haiku has a lot in common with photography, in that it attempts to
capture one small moment in time and convey a feeling about it.
I must start getting into it more.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx