Re: [OM] Friday flower

Subject: Re: [OM] Friday flower
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:28:47 -0200
Ken, Moose, Chris and everyone here,

Thanks for your valuable comments.

I didn't though of the "Here Comes The Flood" (a very particular song
of Peter Gabriel, from which I have listened three different versions)
as an outstanding series because it has tons of post-processing.
So, I hadn't shown them before at the List.
But in fact, I couldn't have done it without a cheap but weather-proof
camera (Stylus 720 SW).
Taking the salt out of it, and out of the Manfrotto, took me some special care.
It was pure improvisation, it was hot and windy and drove my car out
of the road, quite near the rocks of Punta del Este at its very end,
in order to let my mother make a phone call. I felt bored and got out
of the car. Didn't notice the mixture of light sources, just
concentrated on composing and selecting a suitable program mode. It
was funny to feel the rather heavy Manfrotto bending because of the
wind, while an almost invisible camera was attached to its top. Some
shots showed too blurred in fact.

Moose, me too I don't think the hibiscus is exceptional but I decided
to make that shot _because of the challenging lighting_ ;-)
I considered it a 'tour de force' both for the MultiSpot reading, and
for the Velvia 50F.
Think of it as an experimental photograph.
Did you notice the borders of the upper leave? It's not the famous
Coolscan scanner artifact.
I had a guess about how to explain it, but already forgot, cannot
recall my own explanation (seriously), but it was related to the
lighting.
Nevermind, I was just playing with the 135 Macro and the Tube :-)

Fernando.