Re: [OM] Way OT] Global warming, was: Air-source Heat Pump?

Subject: Re: [OM] Way OT] Global warming, was: Air-source Heat Pump?
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 17:13:34 +0800
I don't know if CO2 is the reason for the climate change. If not, the
current global CO2 reduction program is just a joke. Ok, I know US seems
never agree to reduce its consumption :-)

The price of gas or other resources does not reflect if they are scarce or
not. It is priced according to the market, if other energies are cheaper
then gas cannot sell too high. As long as the extraction cost+profit is
lower than the market price people will be willing to run the business. It
is selling of earth non recoverable resources without considering the actual
cost.

I never have real worry about the rise of temperature, it will not have big
influence to me. Except the winter here is shorter than 20 years ago hence I
have to pay higher electricity bill for running the air conditioner.

I also not worry about the energy supply, sun is a big energy source, the
scientist will find ways to make use of this resource more efficiently in
the future. Wind and hydropower are also good sources and running at a big
scale in China. I just don't like nuclear power but it seems necessary to
keep the total energy cost down in order to make the country more
competitive when coal are run out (or cost is too high to extract them from
earth).

C.H.Ling