Re: [OM] Shutter Shock (Return of the absent minded.) [was Question]

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter Shock (Return of the absent minded.) [was Question]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 10:02:20 -0500
Thanks, I hadn't noticed the stingy 24 volt limit.  Canons allow 250
volts and the old Minolta A1 allows 400 volts.  But I don't think I have
any flash units anymore that need more than about 12 (which includes the
T-32).

I don't know how to interpret the E-M5's warning:
"Connecting flash units with signal contacts that do not conform to
Olympus specifications may damage the camera."

Canon has a similarly worded warning on the 5D but the 5D has tolerated
whatever OM-TTL flash I've put on it.  But I have to admit that it was
with great trepidation that I tried it for the first time.  I think for
the E-M5 I'll only use a flash on a bracket with a wire to a single
contact adapter in the hot shoe.  Alternatively you could use this
Seagull SC-2 adapter or its equivalent.
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-SC-2-Flash-Hot-Shoe-PC-Sync-Socket-Adapter-for-Canon-Nikon-/190585638914?pt=Camera_Flash_Accessories&hash=item2c5fca1002>
I can accept the flash on the hotshoe or provide a PC contact for the
flash mounted on a bracket.

Of course, the T-32 is just fine because it has the good grace to pick
up its feet.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt