Re: [OM] Reverse adapter - mount MFT lens on FT?

Subject: Re: [OM] Reverse adapter - mount MFT lens on FT?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 17:38:51 -0500
Have your doc read this by Duane Graveline:
<http://www.amazon.com/Statin-Drugs-Effects-Misguided-Cholesterol/dp/0970081790/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1360189490&sr=8-2&keywords=duane+graveline>

In his own words Graveline says: "... As a former astronaut, aerospace
medical research scientist, flight surgeon and family doctor, I was
appalled by the lack of information in the medical community on the full
range of side effects of the statin drugs. This book is a comprehensive
reference source and summary of side effects of statin drugs."

And for your particular case you might want to read this as well
<http://www.amazon.com/Statin-Damage-Crisis-Duane-Graveline/dp/1424338697/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360189490&sr=8-1&keywords=duane+graveline>

 From the book description with my emphasis added:
In this newly updated and re-edited 2012 edition, the side effects of
cholesterol lowering statins are thoroughly assessed.
*****Also reviewed are dietary and supplement choices that may offer
benefit in the prevention of heart disease and in combating and
preventing statin damage.*****
The cholesterol lowering drugs known as statins are of proven benefit
for some groups of people for the prevention of heart attacks and
stroke, but statins also have a dark side. Tens of thousands of people
have been victims of a huge array of statin drugs side effects, ranging
from permanent cognitive dysfunction and severe personality change to
disabilities from permanent peripheral neuropathy, permanent myopathy
and chronic muscular degeneration. It has recently been reported that
muscle pain cases frequently become permanent and many neurologists now
regard statin neuropathy as predictably resistant to traditional
treatment. When statins were first marketed there was seemingly no
awareness of possible mitochondrial DNA effect or the importance of
glial cell cholesterol to cognitive function and little or no concern
that to inhibit cholesterol means to interrupt its pathway shared by
both CoQ10 and dolichols and many other vital substances. Nor was it
known that statins are powerful anti-inflammatory agents, the
fundamental reason for their benefit in cardiovascular risk. The
outmoded concept of looking at cholesterol numbers as a predictor of
cardiovascular risk is increasingly being dismissed as studies point to
cholesterol levels as being seemingly irrelevant to the process of
atherosclerosis. In addition to the crisis of thousands of people
disabled by statin associated neuro-muscular problems is the fact that
many physicians still remain unaware that statins can even do this. Then
there is the crisis of the growing trend of the insurance industry to
use cholesterol levels as a reason to deny health care coverage or life
insurance coverage. Some employers even require cholesterol levels to be
below a certain number as a condition of employment. Plus the crisis of
patients being forced into taking a statin because not to do so would
result in having to find a new doctor. The Statin Damage Crisis looks at
how statins work, the importance of cholesterol in the body,
inflammation and atherosclerosis, anti-inflammatory alternatives to
statins, serious side effects of statins, and dietary supplements of
possible benefit to those taking statins or that were forced to stop
taking a statin due to unpleasant and even disabling side effects.

Chuck Norcutt