Re: [OM] Conversion of K-mount to OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Conversion of K-mount to OM
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 06:23:40 -0500
There seems to be some happy coincidence here in getting all of these
lenses' bayonet mounts to both fit into and lock onto the Kx ring.  His
description of his Dremel tool mods is far from clear as I'm not at all
sure what he's filed away.  But he measures it in mm so it's not
trivial.  He discusses marking non Pentax lenses so he knows how they
should be oriented to meet the bayonet ears.  He does not discuss
whether these lenses actually lock onto the mount.  It seems to me
unlikely that all would have similar size/type locking mechanisms.

Just sayin'... this might not work in reverse and might not even be
desirable in its original form.

Chuck Norcutt