Re: [OM] Imagescience Computer Recommendation

Subject: Re: [OM] Imagescience Computer Recommendation
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 22:27:12 +0200
Chris invest in a new graphic card and an SSD and try again.

I have been pushing the difference ssd makes since they came out but
just in case some of you are still not convinced I just ran a quick
performance test on my macbook the result on the left is with ssd and
the one on the right to a hybrid 750GB 7200 rpm disk drive (i.e faster
than normal 5400 laptop drive)

<http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/Other/OMlist/6716762_2V976W#!i=2557251991&k=j9n5Tw3&lb=1&s=L>

The higher the number the faster the performance.  while this is not a
fully fair comparision as the ssd is running at full speed and the
harddisk is limited to sata 1 it still shows that the disk is the
bottleneck especially the disks supplied in laptops

IanW