[OM] OT: New Panny µ43

Subject: [OM] OT: New Panny µ43
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 19:56:33 -0400 (EDT)
CM writes
>>the GM-1 has none in body or kit lens.

http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/systemcamera/gms/lens/g_vario_12_32.html

Agree with most everything else----The 12-32 does have OIS-- 3 asph
elements and 1ED. MTF quite good and perhaps a tad better in corners at
times compared to 14-42 PZ----that has 4 asph elements and 2 ED. The
14-42 PZ lens got a bad rap due to shutter shock susceptibility and
Moose snagged one for good price as a result. I saw some of Moose's
images and it looks quite good, even on extension. Moose also has a
near perfect 3rd party hood.  They MAY have tightened up the lens with
the 12-32--we'll see.

>>>The GM-1 has one function button.

Yes!! It is labeled Fn1. I looked over hill and dale for Fn2 for a few
minutes--- but it isn't there!!! Huh???

Flash sync speed is 1/50? Hey, my OM's do better. Been awhile since I
could claim that.

It is a tiny cam.

and also more info on e-shutter artifacts:
http://m43photo.blogspot.com/2012/12/gh3-electronic-shutter.html
http://m43photo.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/gh3-electronic-shutter.html

I like some of the artifacts actually but can't choose mechanical first
curtain on GM-1, Also long FL lenses at large aperture with EFC can
result in funky bokeh at least on NEX.

I am stumped--- most of the horse cam choices fall down on just one of
my check list items. I am sure time will cure that but don't want to
wait toooo long.

Sooooooo close to new horse cam yet not there yet, Mike