Re: [OM] I'm starting to hate winter more and more

Subject: Re: [OM] I'm starting to hate winter more and more
From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 22:36:11 -0400
Paul Braun lamented:
     "According to TPE, next week is my Spring window to get the "Sunset
over the
Dragstrip" photo.
      Considering we still have 2' of snow in many places, and along the
sides of
roads (including the old driveway I'd have to use) there are banks as much
as 6 feet high, and add to that the additional snow we might get Wednesday
and Saturday, I'm pretty sure that the old track is going to be nothing but
a sheet of white with some weeds sticking up here and there."

To which Ed Sawyer, with a ;-), suggested that Paul "Quit being a pussy and
get some snowshoes, hike in there, and take the
shot."
     Ahh, if it were that easy.  I tried cross country skiing late last
December in 15" of powder snow.  The skis sank almost to the ground.  It
was tough going.  We've had more snow since.  It's tough getting around in
that depth of powder snow.  Check the poor deer in my small album at:  <
http://s124.photobucket.com/user/Dean_Hansen/library/Snowmaggedon?sort=3&page=1>.
I doubt that any of us could get more than a hundred meters on snowshoes is
this depth of powder.  Or even less.
     But Barb and I are now 1,500 miles south of that deer's location.  The
sunset we view as we eat dinner on the screened porch of our cottage is the
first shot in that Snowmaggedon album.  We're loving it here.
Dean