Re: [OM] More on: Why the Security of USB Is Fundamentally Broken

Subject: Re: [OM] More on: Why the Security of USB Is Fundamentally Broken
From: Daniel Sepke <dansepke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 11:40:28 -0400
In my view I think we need to wait and see if there are actually any documented
exploits, outside of international governmental espionage, that actually affect
devices and what ones. It seems that while the problem that has been discovered
is potentially very wide reaching there is little chance that anyone is
actively using this particular vector effectively yet. The technical skill to
break into the actual code in the firmware appears to be very high and
different for each one.

Being alert to news is the best path forward. Personally I'm not going to stop
using USB devices till its proven that this is actually something to be afraid
of.

Dan